Most asked questions
Am I entitled to compensation?If you recently experienced a delayed, canceled, or overbooked flight, you may be eligible for compensation. However, the laws differ quite a bit based on where you’re flying. Here’s a breakdown: If you’re flying within the US Flights within the US are only eligible for compensation if they are overbooked, you then are denied boarding, Read More...
Are there any extra costs in case of legal action?Many times the airlines think they can get away with not paying rightful compensation. That is when we take legal action. There are many costs involved in taking legal action, but none for you. AirHelp will pay all the extra costs, including court fees and attorney’s fees. It does not matter, if the case is Read More...
How much am I entitled to?The amount of compensation depends on the distance of your flight. DELAY (at final destination after potential rebooking and/or re-routing) Distance less than 2 hours more than 2 hours more than 3 hours more than 4 hours never arrived Denied boarding* € 250 € 250 € 250 € 250 € 250 < 1500 km € Read More...
How much does it cost to use AirHelp?There is no cost at all, unless your claim is successful—we don’t get paid until you do. Our standard Service Fee is 25% of any compensation we help you get. If the airlines are uncooperative and we are forced to take legal action to secure your compensation, an additional Legal Action Fee may be deducted. Read More...
- Can you help me with lost luggage?
- What does Airhelp do?
- My claim for compensation was rejected by the airline. Can I still use AirHelp?
- Does AirHelp have a mobile app?
- Why AirHelp?
Air Passenger Law
- Can I claim any extra expenses that resulted from the flight disruption? (Hotel, new ticket, food, etc.)
- Do connecting flights make a difference in terms of eligibility for flight disruptions?
- Are delayed flights eligible for compensation?
- How do I know if I’m entitled to compensation?
- My airline refused to compensate me after my disrupted flight – what can I do?
Documents and Privacy
- What’s a booking reference number and where can I find it?
- What is a flight confirmation and where can I find it?
- Do you share my information with others?
- What happens to my documents once you have them? Is it secure?
- Why do AirHelp need documents such as e-ticket or ID?
Fees and Payout Methods
- Why is it needed to call PayPal?
- How to remove “receiving limit”? – PayPal
- How to unblock foreign currencies / create EUR account while using PayPal?
- What is PayPal?
- How do I get Verified? – PayPal
- My type of flight disruption isn’t listed on the website – can I file a claim?
- Why did I only receive 50% of my compensation?
- Are there any extra costs in case of legal action?
- They canceled my flight and refunded my money. Can I still claim?
- Do airlines always give a reason for rejecting a claim?
- Is there any possibility that using the inbox scanner could compromise the security of my computer?
- Is there any cost of using your inbox scanner?
- Can I add multiple email accounts for scanning?
- My email provider is not on your list of supported providers. What can I do?
- How can I remove the inbox scanner’s access to my inbox?
- Can I cancel my membership? How?
- How do I become an AirHelp Pro member?
- My flight was delayed and the lounge is closed. How can I use the lounge benefit now?
- What exactly do you provide with your concierge service?
- I bought my flight ticket with electronic miles. Am I still eligible for the AirHelp Pro benefits?