Most asked questions
Am I entitled to compensation?If you recently experienced a delayed, canceled, or overbooked flight, you may be eligible for compensation. However, the laws differ quite a bit based on where you’re flying. Here’s a breakdown: If you’re flying within the US Flights within the US are only eligible for compensation if they are overbooked, you then are denied boarding, Read More...
Are there any extra costs in case of legal action?Many times the airlines think they can get away with not paying rightful compensation. That is when we take legal action. There are many costs involved in taking legal action, but none for you. AirHelp will pay all the extra costs, including court fees and attorney’s fees. It does not matter, if the case is Read More...
How much am I entitled to?The amount of compensation depends on the distance of your flight. DELAY (at final destination after potential rebooking and/or re-routing) Distance less than 2 hours more than 2 hours more than 3 hours more than 4 hours never arrived Denied boarding* € 250 € 250 € 250 € 250 € 250 < 1500 km € Read More...
How much does it cost?We take a 25% (including VAT) administration fee to cover claim expenses and to expand our services to help more air passengers around the world. If we’re unable to secure your compensation, the administration fee will not apply. We don’t get paid if you don’t get paid – it’s as simple as that! Compensation (€) Read More...
- Can you help me with lost luggage?
- What does Airhelp do?
- My claim for compensation was rejected by the airline. Can I still use AirHelp?
- Does AirHelp have a mobile app?
- Why AirHelp?
Air Passenger Law
- My airline refused to help me after my disrupted flight – what can I do?
- Your website says I’m not entitled to compensation. What can I do?
- Am I entitled to compensation?
- What are extraordinary circumstances beyond airlines control?
- My flight was delayed with less than 3 hours but I missed my connecting flight. Can I claim compensation?
Documents and Privacy
- What’s a booking reference number and where can I find it?
- What is a flight confirmation and where can I find it?
- Do you share my information with others?
- What happens to my documents once you have them? Is it secure?
- Why do AirHelp need documents such as e-ticket or ID?
Fees and Payout Methods
- Why is it needed to call PayPal?
- How to remove “receiving limit”? – PayPal
- How to unblock foreign currencies / create EUR account while using PayPal?
- What is PayPal?
- How do I get Verified? – PayPal
- My type of flight disruption isn’t listed on the website – can I file a claim?
- Why did I only receive 50% of my compensation?
- Are there any extra costs in case of legal action?
- They cancelled my flight and refunded my money. Can I claim?
- Do airlines always give a reason for rejecting a claim?
- Is there any possibility that using the inbox scanner could compromise the security of my computer?
- Is there any cost of using your inbox scanner?
- Can I add multiple email accounts for scanning?
- My email provider is not on your list of supported providers. What can I do?
- How can I remove the inbox scanner’s access to my inbox?
- Can I cancel my membership? How?
- How do I become an AirHelp Pro member?
- My flight was delayed and the lounge is closed. How can I use the lounge benefit now?
- What exactly do you provide with your concierge service?
- I bought my flight ticket with electronic miles. Am I still eligible for the AirHelp Pro benefits?