Henrik Zillmer: "Just Go.... You'll Never Regret It!"
Last updated on|
Our CEO Henrik Zillmer founded AirHelp to put an end to travelers’ woes once and for all. He is dedicated to raising public awareness of air passengers rights and pushing new innovations that help passengers. He is also the co-founder of Project Gateway, a worldwide community of location-independent entrepreneurs.
1. What is the travel destination that you most recommend to other people and why?
Fernando Do Noronha in Brazil. It’s a volcanic island 1000km out from the coast. Only 250 tourists are allowed on the island at the same time. It’s a beautiful remote paradise with some of the most amazing beaches in the world.
2. What are the places in the world that have greatly influenced your life?
Hong Kong, New York and Thailand.
3. What gadget or accessory has most improved your travel experience?
4. How has an unexpected event while traveling resulted in a memorable experience?
I once experienced an emergency landing on a flight from Gdansk to Warsaw due to a flat tire. It was my first emergency landing and quite terrifying. We landed without any damages and everyone in one piece, but it’s definitely something I think about when I get up in an old aircraft. And I wonder if the pilot has checked his plane as he should.
5. If you could put an inspirational travel quote on the back of every airplane seat, what would it say and why?
In the words of the famous Danish kids’ author H.C. Andersen: “To travel is to live.”
6. What is an unusual meal, delicacy or snack that you love?
Probably a Germknödel mit Vanillesoße. A very Austrian tradition with a steamed dough bun with vanilla and sesame seed. Looks weird but VERY delicious.
Einen #Germknödel auf der #Schmittenhöhe in Zell am See geniesen…© @mondiska #austria #igerseurope #österreich #weloveaustria #worldtravelbook #winter #austrianfood #delish #rakousko #zellamsee #visitaustria #berge #mountains #naturelovers #mountainlove #feelaustria #travelmore #alpen #alps #bestview
7. In the last five years, what is a new place you’ve visited that has most affected your view of the world?
Probably Israel. Always heard about the place in the news, but never visited to see it with my own eyes. I realized that all the religions of the world reside there and live in somewhat peaceful co-existence, but the media has a way of over exaggerating everything.
8. What advice would you give a young student about to set off on a trip around the world?
9. When you feel stressed at work, what’s the first thing you do or the first place you think of?
Either my bed, exercise or meditation.
- Find Henrik Zillmer on LinkedIn.
- If you would like to read Henrik’s exclusive white paper, “10 Lies Every Entrepreneur Tells Themselves,” send an email to [email protected].
- If you would like to invite Henrik to speak about tech, legal or entrepreneurship at your next conference, university or company, send an email to [email protected]
Flight delays happen, but that doesn’t mean you have to accept them. You may be entitled to as much as $700 in compensation if your flight has been delayed, canceled or overbooked within the last three years.
Join the AirHelp Community
Pick up tips, tricks and good vibes from fellow travelers.
Comment Rules: We’re here to help air passengers, but we can’t answer questions about specific compensation claims here in the comments section. We’re open to criticism, but if you’re rude, we’ll have to delete your comment. And to avoid giving the wrong impression, please don’t post URLs in the comment text and use a personal name rather than that of your business. Otherwise, thanks for posting and welcome to the AirHelp community!