European Flight Delayed More Than 3 Hours? Claim Up To $700
Last updated on|
Help your friends by sharing AirHelp and get €10!
Have a friend who experienced a flight disruption in last 3 years? Help them get up to €600 in compensation and earn €10 in the process!
Is your European flight delayed? Do you want to be part of the 2% of travelers who actually get the compensation the airlines owe them for a delayed flight?
It’s very simple to do this. You just have to know your rights, because you are protected by European regulations.
Under what conditions am I compensated?
If you experience a flight delay of more than three hours or an outright cancellation, your airline is legally obliged to compensate you if the following conditions are met:
- You were notified of the disruption less than 14 days prior to departure
- Your flight is departing from Europe or the airline is European
- The airline is responsible for the delay (you won’t be compensated if the delay is due to a storm, a health alert or a strike by airport or air traffic control staff)
What allowance are you entitled to for your flight delay?
The compensation provided by the airlines is fixed:
The amount is determined by the distance traveled by your aircraft, and not related to the ticket price.
So if you’re traveling on a delayed flight from Paris to Bangkok, it’s not relevant whether you bought it for €400 or €50. In both cases, you will be entitled to €600 (approx $700) compensation. If you are entitled to flight delayed compensation us you can save up the money for your next trip.
In addition, the airline is obliged to provide you with the following services when you are delayed or canceled:
- Re-routing on a new flight to the same destination, as soon as possible
- Meals and drinks during your waiting period
- Accommodation if you have to spend one or more nights waiting for your new flight
Flight delays happen, but that doesn’t mean you have to accept them. You may be entitled to as much as € 600 in compensation if your flight has been delayed, canceled or overbooked within the last three years.
Join the AirHelp Community
Pick up tips, tricks and good vibes from fellow travelers.