Flight Delayed More Than 3 Hours? You’re Entitled to up to €600
Last updated on|
Help your friends by sharing AirHelp and get €10!
Have a friend who experienced a flight disruption in last 3 years? Help them get up to €600 in compensation and earn €10 in the process!
Do you want to be part of the 2% of travellers who actually get the compensation the airlines owe them for a delayed flight?
It’s very simple to do this. You just have to know your rights, because you are protected by European regulations.
Under what conditions am I compensated?
If you experience a flight delay of more than three hours, or an outright cancellation, your airline is legally obliged to compensate you if the following conditions are met:
- You were notified of the disruption less than 14 days prior to departure
- Your flight is departing from Europe or the airline is European
- The airline is responsible for the delay (you won’t be compensated if the delay is due to a storm, a health alert or a strike)
What allowance are you entitled to for your flight delay?
The compensation provided by the airlines is fixed:
The amount is determined by the distance traveled by your aircraft, and not related to the ticket price.
So if you’re travelling on a delayed flight from Paris to Bangkok, it’s not relevant whether you bought it for €400 or €50. In both cases, you will be entitled to €600 compensation.
In addition, the airline is obliged to provide you with the following services when you are delayed or cancelled:
- Re-routing on a new flight to the same destination, as soon as possible
- Meals and drinks during your waiting period
- Accommodation if you have to spend one or more nights waiting for your new flight
Join the AirHelp Community
Pick up tips, tricks and good vibes from fellow travelers.