Software Engineer (Backend)
We’re a YCombinator backed startup with ambitious plans to build the best travel app in the world. We want you to come help us build it.
AirHelp seeks a strong backend developer join on a full-time basis our Tech Team.
You will perform all duties consistent with the role of Software Engineer (Backend) which are necessary to meet the business needs of the company; including, but not limited to, the responsibilities outlined below.
- Design, maintenance and development of features for our web and API stack.
- Design, maintenance and development of our data aquisition and ingestion tools and scrapers.
- Being an active participant in the whole development life-cycle.
- Adherence to specifications, user stories and patterns laid out for development.
- Producing work in a timely fashion and aligning your work with the business priorities.
If you are comfortable with:
- Programming with node.js, Python, Ruby, Java or any other language we throw at you. Functional programming languages would be a plus.
- Writing and consuming REST web services (JSON or XML).
- Working with modern web frameworks and templating languages (Express.js, Jade, Play etc).
- SQL and modern databases and datastores (Postgres, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB).
- Working with cloud based infrastructure like Amazon Web Services, Heroku etc.
- Svn and git.
- Focusing on code quality, readability and maintainability.
What we will offer you:
- An ambitious, international startup environment with a vision and strategy to create something BIG.
- The opportunity to develop your skills in other future projects too.
- Access to the latest technology
More on AirHelp:
- BusinessInsider – 25 hottest New York startups
- FOX News – The AirHelp app helps passengers get their rightful compensation
- Disrupt – Winners of Disrupt 2014
- NBC – Company helps turn delays into cash for flight passengers
- CNBC – Bumped from a flight, app helps fliers collect airline fees
- TechCrunch – When airlines screw up your flight, AirHelp gets you paid
- Wired – Bumped From a Flight? This Startup Wants to Get You Paid
- Fast Company – How to make money when airlines ruin your trip
- Mashable – Top Y combinator startups to watch
- VentureBeat – Here are the 5 best startups from Y Combinator’s demo day
- Yahoo – Flight delayed for hours, This website can help
Join us and change your future!