Airhelp.com UX Researchers help everyone focus on the user!
In this role, you will deliver understanding and empathy around our user needs, stated and unstated, for the design, product and development teams.
You will do so by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our active and potential users through methods like ethnographic research, surveys, usability testing, and logged analysis. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and new product features for our customers as well as continually innovating on our existing product portfolio.
You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations of your findings, which can also be shared with the wider company.
DUTIES: WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conduct independent research studies on multiple aspects of the customer journey to help steer and support company initiatives.
- Partner with Design, Product Management, and Tech to deliver the best native and digital experiences that adhere to digital best practices.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through recordings, user tests, in-house and offsite ethnographic research, surveys, competitor analysis, and online quantitative experiments.
- Design empathy maps, build prototypes, write test scripts and perform user interviews.
- Work with Growth and Marketing teams to drive conversion through delivering key territorial, contextual and consumer insights.
- Work with Data, Marketing and Product teams to construct brand and product personas.
- Deliver behavioral and cognitive learnings that can be used to optimize product architecture, content and communications.
- Educate and inspire colleagues to adopt a more user-centered approach and set usability benchmarks across key customer touch points.
SKILLS: WHAT TO BRING
- Undergraduate or master’s program in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- Have completed a Research Methods course and have conducted Usability Testing.
- Minimum 2 years applied research experience.
- Experience with search, transactional processes and data curation within mobile, apps and desktop environments.
- Solid portfolio examples showcasing research projects, documentation, deliverables, recommendations and final outcome/ business value.
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Fascinated by people and understanding their motivations and behavior.
- Ability to turn findings into meaningful business insights, write actionable and impactful reports, and expertly share these results with a variety of audiences.
- Advanced written and spoken English proficiency, German is advantageous.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Proficient in Keynote, Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Must be available to work full time from Berlin.
PERKS: WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Work alongside a supportive, international and motivated team of entrepreneurs and creatives.
- A comfortable and stimulating office environment in the heart of Berlin.
- The latest design, testing tools and equipment.
- Hands-on training, unlimited learning resources, offsite design events, conferences and workshops.
- Y-Combinator and Unicorn company mentorship.
- Access to the language classes: English, German, Spanish, Polish.
- Remote working options.
- Trips to other Airhelp offices.
- 25 days holiday.
- Private healthcare package.
- Paternity benefits.
Additional employee rewards: Gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards etc.
We are travelers helping travelers! Join our international team of AirHelpers today and be ready to take your career to the next level. The sky’s the limit!
Life at AirHelp
Show me the money
Your compensation is tailored to your experience, attitude and ambition. The sky is the limit!
Develop your personal skills on projects that impact thousands of air passengers.
We’re an ambitious, born global and kickass startup on a mission to create something big!
Get access to the latest tech that will make each day at AirHelp interesting.