Lead Data Scientist
Data Team in Gdańsk
AirHelp is looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join our team.
Your focus on building data-driven solutions will evolve our products and improve processes. We have a constantly evolving data architecture, which will be a great challenge for you!
Your responsibility will be to lead the team to achieve success by extracting actionable insights. Provide hypotheses, prove, test and implement it on a huge data sets. Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to help the company to make decisions upon data. As Lead Data Scientist you’ll be owning the roadmap and vision the majority of our data science topics. You will also be managing 4 data scientist that are working on projections, simulations, machine learning, deep learning, text mining, attribution and segmentation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define a vision. This is the most important point, if you find this point too vague then this position isn’t for you.
- Manage 4 direct reports (data scientist).
- Work together by all departments (OPS, Finance, Legal, Product, Marketing) to find the most impactful projects.
- Build relationships with other departments as well as spend a big portion of your time understanding their challenges, opportunities, and their team members.
- Define and constantly revisit our roadmap, vision, and goals.
- Provide insights for making gold data-driven decisions.
- Provide product analytics and data-driven solutions by translating high-level ideas into well-defined mathematical problems.
- Develop empirical models using ML techniques for prediction purposes.
- Drive decisions based on A/B testing.
- Work with various data sets, including relations databases (PostgreSQL), documents, text data, flight data (Google Big Query).
- You love data exploration and visualisations, but the impact is most important for you.
- University degree in the field of analytics, statistics, economics, econometrics, mathematics or other IT related field.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience developing complex analytical and data science problems.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in leading ML team.
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the following languages: R, Python.
- Advanced SQL.
- Familiarity with clustering, regression and classification algorithms.
- Perfect communication skills: you need to be able to present results of your team using light and easily understood communication.
- Personal influence – being a team player, sharing insights and ideas.
During the flight you will be provided with:
- Ambitious, international startup environment with a vision and strategy to create something BIG.
- Opportunity to develop your skills and support to learn constantly.
- Access to the latest technology.
- Motivation to make an impact on the AirHelp’s future.
- Full time job based on an employment contract.
- Stable working hours and comfortable office space.
- Private healthcare package.
- Group Insurance.
- Access to the language classes (English, German, Spanish, Polish for foreigners).
- Additional benefits to choose (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards etc.).
Join us and get ready for the ride of a lifetime!
Life at AirHelp
Show me the money
Your compensation is tailored to your experience, attitude and ambition. The sky is the limit!
Develop your personal skills on projects that impact thousands of air passengers.
We’re an ambitious, born global and kickass startup on a mission to create something big!
Get access to the latest tech that will make each day at AirHelp interesting.