Head of Design
Marketing in Berlin
The Head of Design/Creative Director at Air Help is a role for an individual with a vision and drive necessary to establish and develop design and motions in the company. The person will be responsible for reshaping the current vision and appearance of all AirHelp’s products and services. It is an opportunity for an experienced and versatile Creative Director to build a solid foundation and define the design culture in the company. AirHelp is a fast- growing environment where design will make a significant impact on multiple departments in the company.
You will be joining as a part of the foundational team of a profitable proven startup, that is led by experienced entrepreneurs. In addition, you will be leading an international team based mainly in Berlin, but also in Gdańsk (Poland). It will consist of remote team members as well.
What you’ll do:
- Build, lead, mentor and inspire a team that will consist of Brand and Marketing Designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design and motion work.
- Contribute to the product and company strategy among the leadership team.
- Define and build the design culture.
- Contribute to strategic planning cycles and collaborate with leadership to identify and define the highest priority problems for the team to work on.
- Define and communicate a product design strategy and vision for the company.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management and engineering to create a simple, intuitive, and cohesive user experience across all AirHelp products.
- Help create a product design culture that values data-informed decisions.
- Contribute to deeper understanding what are our customers’ needs.
- Implement the brand throughout various touch points in the company including our external marketing presence.
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of design experience in product and brand design, preferably in startup industry.
- Ideally 2+ years building/managing design teams with proven track record of launching successful solutions that resulted in achieving business goals.
- Proven ability to hire and manage a high performing design team that works within cross-functional teams.
- Strategic thought leader that holds marketing and business goals at the center of design execution.
- Strong storytelling ability, making complex analytical concepts accessible, visual and engaging.
- Experience in building and managing versatile design systems.
- Portfolio showcasing excellent design, product thinking, and problem- solving skills.
- An interest in getting your hands dirty while building/leading a team.
We offer you:
- Work in a supporting, international and motivated team.
- Learn from serial entrepreneurs and creative minds.
- Take part in our internal training programs and knowledge sharing events.
- A comfortable and stimulating office environment in great Berlin location.
- Access to language classes.
- Fresh juice, snacks and free lunches.
- Flexible working hours.
We are travelers helping travelers. Join our international team of AirHelpers today and be ready to take your career to the next level.
Life at AirHelp
Show me the money
Your compensation is tailored to your experience, attitude and ambition. The sky is the limit!
Develop your personal skills on projects that impact thousands of air passengers.
We’re an ambitious, born global and kickass startup on a mission to create something big!
Get access to the latest tech that will make each day at AirHelp interesting.