QA Test Developer
As Airhelp continues to grow rapidly and is currently dominating the air compensation scene (following San Francisco’s Y Combinator), we are looking for a QA Test Developer to join our Tech Team in Cracow, Poland on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Senior IT Director, you will perform all duties consistent with the role of QA Test Developer which are necessary to meet the business needs of the company; including, but not limited to, the responsibilities outlined below.
- Stop the deploy. QA is the only one who can stop a deploy, it’s your job to protect us from ourselves. Once you’ve stopped a deploy a business decision will be made as to whether the ‘problem’ is so severe that it should delay product feature release, but we won’t know what we don’t know unless you stop us from shooting ourselves in the foot.
- Know the product inside-out.
- Prepare and maintain test plans, test cases, test procedures and test tools for our products.
- Participation in full product life cycle.
- Work with Tech and Product teams to ensure edge-cases are considered when working on new and existing features.
- Develop and automate as much testing as possible using modern QA Tools so that regressions can be identified sooner.
- Work embedded inside a Scrum team alongside Software Engineers.
- Perform exploratory testing to find bugs that automation can’t.
- Work with Customer Service and the rest of the business to respond to issues reported by our users.
- Develop timely quality status reports.
- A minimum of 3 years working in software testing.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience unit test frameworks (like TestNG, jUnit, RSpec).
- Experience with mocking frameworks (like EasyMock, Mockito) and dependency injection.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and/or Continuous Delivery practices and tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity.
- Strong knowledge of JIRA, Maven/Gradle and Git.
- Experience in testing RESTful APIs.
- Experience writing automated regression, functional, white box, UAT, stress, and performance testing, code coverage
- Knowledge or experience of automated testing solutions like Selenium, Cucumber, Maven or similar.
- A technical/programming background is a bonus.
- Strong Knowledge of one of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Java/Groovy or other scripting languages.
- Attention to detail and analytical mindset.
- Self-directed and ability to work in fast-paced agile environment.
- Capacity to learn new technologies, become subject matter expert and share knowledge to teammates.
- Experience in testing websites, web apps and mobile applications.
- Knowledge or experience of automated testing solutions like Selenium, Cucumber or similar.
- User level knowledge of any Unix flavor.
What we will offer you:
- An ambitious, international startup environment with a vision and strategy to create something BIG
- The opportunity to develop your skills in other future projects too
- Access to the latest technology
More on AirHelp:
- BusinessInsider – 25 hottest New York startups
- FOX News – The AirHelp app helps passengers get their rightful compensation
- Disrupt – Winners of Disrupt 2014
- NBC – Company helps turn delays into cash for flight passengers
- CNBC – Bumped from a flight, app helps fliers collect airline fees
- TechCrunch – When airlines screw up your flight, AirHelp gets you paid
- Wired – Bumped From a Flight? This Startup Wants to Get You Paid
- Fast Company – How to make money when airlines ruin your trip
- Mashable – Top Y combinator startups to watch
- VentureBeat – Here are the 5 best startups from Y Combinator’s demo day
- Yahoo – Flight delayed for hours, This website can help
Join us and change your future!