Product in Berlin, Gdańsk
AirHelp helps millions of air passengers worldwide, claim rightful compensation for their disrupted flights. As we grow, we’re making the claims process easier, faster and more convenient by creating additional products to support our customers with.
To help us in our mission, we are seeking a motivated UX/UI designer to join our travel team.
This role requires a strong background in early stage product development, user-centered design and the ability to balance customer frictions with business goals and technical feasibility.
DUTIES: WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create unique responsive products and services as well as relevant solutions to engage users with valuable experiences.
- Translate customer insights into user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes for multiple viewports using Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools.
- Incorporate benchmark research and usability testing into the design process to iterate on product solutions.
- Make recommendations to team members about which user research methodologies to leverage during the product lifecycle based on project’s needs, goals and constraints
- Synthesise learnings and articulate design decisions/trade-offs, both verbally and visually.
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and Content Strategists.
- Provide appropriate specs for engineering teams to implement new product features and ideas.
- Champion ongoing improvements by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics and usability findings
SKILLS: WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, Design with emphasis on UX or equivalent qualification.
- Min. 5 years experience designing user experiences and digital products.
- Holistic, human centered approach to product and service design.
- Experience successfully designing new products for web and mobile, with proven ability to influence decisions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the design process.
- Solid portfolio examples showcasing ideation and design development processes with an awareness of business impact.
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch and Invision.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, empathy and willingness to work collaboratively within interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience in a startup, or tech company.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Business English proficiency.
PERKS: WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Work alongside a supportive, international and motivated team of entrepreneurs and creatives.
- A comfortable and stimulating office environment in the heart of Berlin.
- The latest design, testing tools and equipment.
- Hands on training, unlimited learning resources, offsite design events, conferences and workshops.
- Y-Combinator and Unicorn company mentorship.
- Access to the language classes: English, German, Spanish, Polish.
- Remote working options.
- Trips to other Airhelp offices.
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare package.
- Paternity benefits
- Additional employee rewards: Gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards etc.
- We are travelers helping travelers! Join our international team of AirHelpers today and be ready to take your career to the next level. The sky’s the limit!
- Advanced English competencies
- German is advantageous
Life at AirHelp
Show me the money
Your compensation is tailored to your experience, attitude and ambition. The sky is the limit!
Develop your personal skills on projects that impact thousands of air passengers.
We’re an ambitious, born global and kickass startup on a mission to create something big!
Get access to the latest tech that will make each day at AirHelp interesting.