User Research Manager
Marketing, Product position in New York
AirHelp helps air passengers get compensation from the airlines when their flight gets cancelled, delayed or overbooked. Most people don’t know their rights and they end up being rejected by the airlines when seeking flight disruption compensation. With AirHelp, all the you have to do is enter your flight details, and from there we will take care of all the paperwork and deal with the airlines, so that the passenger gets paid without all of the hassle.
We are looking for someone who can take leadership of user research efforts, including identification of user needs and goals, customer journey mapping, task and workflow modeling, user ethnography and survey design.
You should have experience with both early user interviews, developing an iterative product design testing plan, as well as planning, executing, analyzing and reporting on qualitative in-person user testing. You should understand the difference between usability testing and user research. You enjoy working closely with product and design teams to help improve the product in all ways possible. You should also be comfortable in presenting to senior leadership on key learnings or insight gain through the research process.
The ideal candidate will have a relentless focus on making products and user experiences better through feedback and iteration. The User Research Manager, embedded within the product group, will be an advocate for user-centered design principles throughout the design and development process.
- Work with product managers, designers and engineers to assess project needs and develop appropriate research plans to support their objectives
- Oversee regular usability studies, using both in-person and remote testing methods
- Provide usability assessments (e.g., heuristic evaluations) for products under development
- Work closely with data analysts to integrate qualitative research methods with ongoing quantitative research such as surveys, A/B and multivariate testing
- Assess the need for alternative research methods (e.g., participatory design, card-sorting, eye-tracking, etc.), and plan accordingly
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations with the teams on a regular basis
- Manage third-party research vendors as necessary
- Evangelize best practices for research across the company
- 3 – 5+ years experience in user experience research; planning, conducting, and reporting
- Must have previous experience with digital product UX research
- Must show samples of work demonstrating experience developing research plans and summarizing findings for product teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working with design, product and developers
- A BS, MS or PhD degree in psychology, human factors, design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
What we will offer you:
- An ambitious, international startup environment with a vision and strategy to create something BIG
- The opportunity to develop your skills in other future projects too
- Access to the latest technology
- Contract type – Full time consultancy contract
More on AirHelp:
- BusinessInsider – 25 hottest New York startups
- FOX News – The AirHelp app helps passengers get their rightful compensation
- Disrupt – Winners of Disrupt 2014
- NBC – Company helps turn delays into cash for flight passengers
- CNBC – Bumped from a flight, app helps fliers collect airline fees
- TechCrunch – When airlines screw up your flight, AirHelp gets you paid