Senior Brand and Web Designer
Design, Product position in Gdańsk, New York
More and more air passengers are asking AirHelp for help when they experience flight disruptions. Because of that, AirHelp is growing rapidly. We’re a Y Combinator backed company that is looking for a Senior Brand and Web Designer who could lead redesign of our brand and website located in our office in Gdansk, Poland or in New York.
You will become a true brand ambassador and own AirHelp brand experience, ensuring that the brand is executed perfectly across all content and materials. You will help push AirHelp brand to a new level.
As a Senior Brand and Web Designer a typical week might include the following:
- Taking ownership of all forms of AirHelp’s brand experience — website, resources, campaigns, emails, events, print collateral, swag items, the whole nine yards.
- Creating and managing engaging designs and assets for the AirHelp brand (web and print).
- Collaborating with the marketing team, product designers, content writers, engineers, and 3rd-party vendors to execute first-class work.
- Assisting junior or contract designers by guiding them to create compelling designs for the brand.
Essential & desirable experience
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating love for and understanding of many forms of design.
- Strong visual design sense with clean typography, print, and web layout
- Ability to align work with our existing design vision
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a brand marketing, agency, or e-commerce role
- Exceptional communication skills, and willingness to accept feedback
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to lead a project from concept to final pixel-tuning
- Ability to manage expectations on multiple projects with varying levels of priority
- Comfortable working with multiple teams as well as independently
- Mastery of Photoshop (or Sketch), Illustrator, and InDesign
- Additionally we would really love your working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
This life might be for you if you are:
- passionate about branding
- obsessed with details and subtleties and know the right time to make a splash
- a great designer
- a team player, who appreciates collaboration
- a world-class Web Designer, whose work people (both designers and non-designer) admire, and you’re willing to do the same for us
and if you have:
- expert design skills, and incredible creative vision
We are only looking for talented senior candidates and above. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
We believe in challenging the status quo, and we believe there is always room for improvement no matter how successful your performance is. We believe in change, execution and speed. This is why we have built a team of people that won’t take no for an answer and always go the extra mile to accomplish what they set out to do.
Our company is going to be a big part of your daily life, and the founders want you to share our ambitions and commitment to our product, team and company. We expect you to take full charge of the things you work on, and that you’ll be passionate about them. We need your courage, power and enthusiasm. We know that people of this special breed, with their inner drive, aren’t found everywhere. That is why if you’re committed, prove your skill and your great value to the company, we will be pleased and honored by your work effort; in return you’ll get the best job in the world. But remember, that your dream job is not a commodity on a shelf; it’s something you create, together with us.
More on AirHelp:
- BusinessInsider – 25 hottest New York startups
- FOX News – The AirHelp app helps passengers get their rightful compensation
- Disrupt – Winners of Disrupt 2014
- NBC – Company helps turn delays into cash for flight passengers
- CNBC – Bumped from a flight, app helps fliers collect airline fees
- TechCrunch – When airlines screw up your flight, AirHelp gets you paid
- Wired – Bumped From a Flight? This Startup Wants to Get You Paid
- Fast Company – How to make money when airlines ruin your trip
- Mashable – Top Y combinator startups to watch
- VentureBeat – Here are the 5 best startups from Y Combinator’s demo day
- Yahoo – Flight delayed for hours, This website can help
Join us and change your future!