Head of Content
Marketing position in New York
Does the idea of helping millions of passengers leave you with a tingling sensation? Are you excited to write clear, compelling and personal copy that helps travelers understand their rights?
We’re looking for a person who wants to be part of a journey to change the way the travel industry works.
You’re an experienced content writer with great writing skills and an analytical understanding that will be able to outline and define our tone of voice across all communication platforms and touch points. You’re not afraid to make outrageous assumptions and think differently, but you are able to affect the way your surroundings think. You base your decisions on data, and are able to test ideas and iterate quickly.
If you bring a personal and engaging style of writing to the table, then we will make sure to provide the opportunity to shape our tone of voice , a kick-ass team, lots of responsibility and an innovative work environment. We’re a high growth Y Combinator backed startup and we’ve recently been named among the top companies to look out for by various media outlets.
- Development and definition of editorial plans, content differentiation, and alignment of content to value propositions, including an editorial calendar to align the roadmap with the output.
- Craft compelling product overviews, descriptions and other content for the company.
- Establish and maintain editorial standards, accuracy, quality of content and related methodologies and processes.
- Review and optimize communication across all company platforms
- Apply Digital and SEO best practices to all content.
- Act as Copy editor for product, sales and content communication.
- Develop email campaigns for promotions, content distribution, product launches and all brand communications.
- Develop, research, write & manage the AirHelp blog.
- Work with the customer support team on messaging for customer service items related to Social Media, transactional emails, phone scripts, guidelines and other engagement points.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Creative teams to find clear, concise ways to present our brand messaging and core values to our customers via all marketing channels.
- Manage translation processes with teams all over the world.
- Establish a tone of voice plan for AirHelp.
- Distribute and syndicate content on all relevant platforms
- Drive traffic through content marketing
- Native English speaker
- 5+ years of experience in content strategy, copywriting, general marketing & email copy development
- 3+ years of developing content for SEO/SEM, eCommerce, Promotions, Social Media, etc.
- Experience with copy testing
- High proficiency with best practices for SEO, social media, email marketing, and blog writing
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Impeccable attention to detail and consistency in deliverables
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Communications, Journalism, Media or English) preferred
Nice to haves
- Experience with Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of A/B testing
- Experience in conducting customer surveys
- Experience working with digital analytics packages is preferred
More on AirHelp:
- BusinessInsider – 25 hottest New York startups
- FOX News – The AirHelp app helps passengers get their rightful compensation
- Disrupt – Winners of Disrupt 2014
- NBC – Company helps turn delays into cash for flight passengers
- CNBC – Bumped from a flight, app helps fliers collect airline fees
- TechCrunch – When airlines screw up your flight, AirHelp gets you paid