Head of content
Marketing position in New York
The Head of content oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behaviour.
In collaboration with the wider team – marketing, customer service, IT and HR – you help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
You also lead the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. Critically, you bring a strategic eye and ensure our efforts scale alongside the business.
- An expert in all things related to content and channel optimisation, brand consistency, segmentation and localisation, analytics and meaningful measurement.
- Spearhead an audit across all content channels and deliver your recommended plan.
- Overall editorial responsibility for all content published. Ownership of the content strategy, editorial calendar and written guidelines.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, video, print and in-person.
- Drive performance: using data to constantly iterate and test our approach.
- Share data-driven learnings across the business to help lower CPAs, increase retention and support the development of the longer-term brand-comms strategy.
- Manage in-house copywriters and oversee freelancers and agencies. You’ll be responsible for proofreading all copy.
- Manage a budget and make sure we get everything out the door on time.
Desired skills and experience:
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 6+ years experience ideally at an online ecommerce business. Your portfolio demonstrates a strong understanding of delivering a content strategy across multiple verticals and/or markets.
- Fluent in Google analytics tools and social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.)
- Experience running and getting the best out of freelancers, agencies and in-house teams.
- Experience of high-growth, fast-paced environments
- A self-starter that’s comfortable with constant change
- An understanding of SEO, HTML and content management systems.
- Love of travel is a bonus!
What we will offer you:
- An ambitious, international startup environment with a vision and strategy to create something BIG
- The opportunity to develop your skills in other future projects too
- Access to the latest technology
More on AirHelp:
- BusinessInsider – 25 hottest New York startups
- FOX News – The AirHelp app helps passengers get their rightful compensation
- Disrupt – Winners of Disrupt 2014
- NBC – Company helps turn delays into cash for flight passengers
- CNBC – Bumped from a flight, app helps fliers collect airline fees
- TechCrunch – When airlines screw up your flight, AirHelp gets you paid