Data journalist XX
Marketing position in Gdańsk
AirHelp is seeking a talented and motivated data journalist to “humanise” our data and turn raw numbers into a story about our performance. Promising candidates will be as comfortable writing news analysis, as they are using data to create static and interactive graphics.
This role doesn’t fit into traditional job categories. At its core, it is a job for someone who loves data and is interested in how people consume information. A passion for journalism, data, and design is essential, as is a solid understanding of digital tools, trends, and infrastructure.
- As the company storyteller, you will source, write and design visual stories for a B2B and B2C audience.
- You will be responsible for obtaining and analysing company and industry data and turning this into multimedia content for our target audiences.
- As a digital native, you will also use Twitter and other social media, to write stories that attract attention.
- Working with the wider brand and marketing team, you will help to develop surveys to support story ideas and run regular “story generation” brainstorm sessions to ensure a constant story flow.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in journalism or a research-related field is a plus
- Proven experience working in journalism preferably for a digital media channel
- Experience creating multimedia infographics
- Experience with content management systems
- Comfortable working with Excel and database systems
- Experience with statistical computing is a plus
- You must be a self-starter with an ability to interrogate data quickly and intelligently
What we will offer you:
- An ambitious, international startup environment with a vision and strategy to create something BIG
- The opportunity to develop your skills in other future projects too
- Access to the latest technology
More on AirHelp:
- BusinessInsider – 25 hottest New York startups
- FOX News – The AirHelp app helps passengers get their rightful compensation
- Disrupt – Winners of Disrupt 2014
- NBC – Company helps turn delays into cash for flight passengers
- CNBC – Bumped from a flight, app helps fliers collect airline fees
- TechCrunch – When airlines screw up your flight, AirHelp gets you paid
Join us and get ready for the ride of a lifetime!