Terms and Conditions – AirHelp Travel Story Competition
- By entering this competition participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the Privacy Statement of AirHelp.
- The promoter is AIRHELP LIMITED (“AirHelp”), CB No. 1926223, BR No. 61625023-000, whose registered office is at 9B Amtel Building, 148 Des Voeux Road Central, Central, Hong Kong.
- The competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- The competition is open to participants aged 18 years or older at the date of entry. The competition is not open to employees of AirHelp and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected to the organization.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Only one entry per claim will be accepted per person. Multiple entries for the same claim from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be the 31st of March, 2019, 23:59 GMT+1. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
8.1 Customers who have not completed their eligible claim with the promoter after they have accepted the Terms and Conditions of the promoterhttps://www.airhelp.com/en/terms/ can participate in this competition. The promoter will via email notify customers who fulfill these requirements and thereby qualify to participate in the competition. This email will include a button that allows customers to finish the claim.
8.2 The competition is entered by clicking on one of the buttons in the email. Only customers who have submitted a complete claim (provided all details necessary for promoter to assist the customer in collecting the monetary compensation) and an original travel story will qualify as participants. The winners will be chosen by selecting the three most original travel stories of the participants provided in “What happened?” while submitting the claim. The competition is completely based on skill according to the quality of the story based on the 5 elements below.
8.3 There is no element of chance involved.
8.4 The quality of the story is determined by following elements of the story, which will be rated by a jury on a scale from 1-5 based on the originality and the quality of the story. The more authentic and well described a story is, the higher the rating per element will be.
– Originality of the story: unique travelling story based on the disrupted flight.– Reason of the disruption: if known, the reason should be described as clear as possible.
– Situation at the airport: did the airline inform at the check-in about passenger rights, particularly with regard to compensation and assistance?
– Situation during the flight: the situation during the flight should be described, for example if the airline apologized and offered the required assistance.– Airline behavior: did the airline offer reimbursement of the ticket price, re-routing, meals, refreshments and or hotel accommodation?
– Story must be based on participants’ own experience.
– Quality of writing: ability to engage with followers and to reflect the culture, circumstances and timeline of their storyIn order for the story to be exact, participants may be contacted by AirHelp or AirHelp affiliates with follow-up questions on the story.The three participants with the highest score will win the competition.The promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions. Any changes to the terms and conditions and/or the competition will be notified on the promoter’s website as soon as possible, such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting on the website.
- The prize is as follows:
– The prize is a 1.000 EURO flight voucher from Cheaptickets.nl. The flight voucher is non-refundable and can be redeemed on: www.cheaptickets.nl. The flight voucher is valid for 12 months (365 days) from the voucher issue date. The validity of the flight voucher cannot be extended. The voucher can be used only once and it can cover all the passengers of the particular booking. Travix Nederland BV’s terms and conditions regarding the flight voucher may apply.
– Travix Nederland BV does not accept any liability for the execution of the journeys, hotel stays, transfers and air travel performed by the various service providers under this competition, or damage caused during the journeys, hotel stays, transfers and air travel in any form whatsoever.
– The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Prizes are subject to availability and the promoter reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. Any and all prize-related expenses without limitation to any applicable taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winners.
- A jury appointed by the promoter will choose the three winners. The jury will choose the winners by selecting the three most original travel stories of the participants provided in “What happened?” while submitting the claim based on the rating described above. The decision is the sole decision of the jury and the decision is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified by email. If a winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 28 days of notification, the promoter reserve the right to withdraw the prize from a winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winners as well as where the prize can be collected.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of Hong Kong and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
- Any personal data relating to the winners or any other participants will be used solely in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- The winners’ names will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: [email protected].
- I hereby state that these Terms and Conditions are in English, that I understand the content and agree to these Terms and Conditions.