Tech in Gdańsk, Kraków
As AirHelp continues to grow rapidly and is currently dominating the air compensation scene (following San Francisco’s Y Combinator), we are looking for talented Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team on a full-time basis.
You will join a group of 100+ engineers, designers and QA’s, located mainly in 2 development centers in Gdansk and Krakow (Poland), and help over 500,000 air passengers a month when they have delayed or canceled flight. We spent much effort to build great software ecosystem supporting that goal, now reached the point where automation, optimisation, scalability and testability really matters. Our ultimate aim of AirHelp engineering is to automate most of the processing.
As a member of the Engineering team, you would enjoy design, development and maintenance of services, websites and integration jobs deployed in the cloud (AWS, Google Cloud Platform) in Docker containers. You will participate in building great development culture among experienced developers, QA’s and DevOps. Every day we play, experiment and learn how to deliver high quality software and become better engineers.
Examples of what AirHelp Engineering does:
- Integrate with our internal and external services to analyze and make automated decisions about user claims.
- Integrate with API’s or exchange data with >100 large companies all over the world.
- Improve airline submission framework for data exchange with >300 airlines.
- Build services for weather, flights, extraordinary circumstances data gathering and analysis.
- Daily A/B testing new features to improve web application where users can create a claim and monitor its status.
- Prototype new features on the website that help over 500k air passengers each month in their journeys.
- Help our agents to collect and automatically verify documents from clients by building internal tools and bots.
- Create internal tools for 400+ agents and lawyers so we can process more claims from our users.
- Rails/Ruby, Python, Go, ReactJS, EmberJS, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Redshift, Bootstrap, git, TeamCity, MacBook Pro.
- Build new services, enrich existing.
- Write code that is easy to test and manage, scalable, testable and can work reliably in cloud infrastructure.
- Review code of your team members.
- Enjoy mature development methodologies, incl. full implementation of scrum.
- Promote good practices in engineering.
- Ability to write and consume REST web services.
- Knowledge of SQL and modern databases and datastores (Postgres, MySQL/MariaDB, Redis, DynamoDB).
- Experience with cloud based environment / infrastructure.
- Git and gitflow.
- Focusing on code quality, readability and maintainability.
What else we can do for you:
- An ambitious, international startup environment with a vision and strategy to create something BIG.
- The opportunity to develop your skills in other future projects too; Career path in Engineering.
- Access to the latest technology.
- Benefits program.
- Great atmosphere and place of work; in KRK: office occupied almost only by technical people, with billiards table; in GDN: chillout floor with ping-pong, billiards, fruits and juices for free every day and beautiful, nice panorama view from the 25th floor of the Olivia Star building.
Life at AirHelp
Show me the money
Your compensation is tailored to your experience, attitude and ambition. The sky is the limit!
Develop your personal skills on projects that impact thousands of air passengers.
We’re an ambitious, born global and kickass startup on a mission to create something big!
Get access to the latest tech that will make each day at AirHelp interesting.