Software Engineer - Ruby
Tech in Kraków
As AirHelp continues to grow rapidly and is currently dominating the air compensation scene (following San Francisco’s Y Combinator), we are looking for talented Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team on a full-time basis.
You will join a group of 100+ engineers, designers and QA’s, located mainly in 2 development centers in Gdansk and Krakow (Poland), and help over 500,000 air passengers a month when they have delayed or canceled flight. We spent much effort to build great software ecosystem supporting that goal, now reached the point where automation, optimisation, scalability and testability really matters. Our ultimate aim of AirHelp engineering is to automate most of the processing.
In AAS (Automatic Airline Submission) team we aim at making 90% of communication with airlines fully automated. Our solution follows SoA architecture and the stack is clear from Rails (which we only use when committing to external applications). We take code quality, design and performance seriously, thus we focus on OOP and design patterns a lot.
We expect from you:
- Very good knowledge of OOP and design patterns
- Very good knowledge of Ruby
- Knowledge of Rails
- Knowledge of SQL
- General knowledge of IT trends, cloud infrastructure, SoA, REST
- Having fun from providing well-designed, clean, functional solutions
- Good communication skills and grasp of complex requirements
- Sense of ownership of delivered code and our systems
- Knowledge of Python, Go, Java and/or other technologies from AirHelp stack will be considered a plus
We can offer you:
- An ambitious, international startup environment with a vision and strategy to create something BIG and GOOD
- Environment where you can experiment with emerging, cutting-edge technologies
- The opportunity to develop in various functional areas and technologies including: Ruby/Rails, Python, Go, ReactJS, EmberJS, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Redshift, Bootstrap, git, TeamCity, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Google Functions
- MacBook Pro
- Benefits program including health care, life insurance, trainings
- Engineer’s Days where each month you can spend 1 day doing the stuff YOU want to do
- Flexible working hours and type of contract (including B2B)
- Great atmosphere and place of work in beautifully located office, occupied mostly by technical people, with billiards table
If you feel like you’re good fit, we hope to hear from you soon!
Meanwhile, check AirHelp Engineering in numbers:
Helping over 500,000 air passengers each month in their journeys
Supporting over 400+ agents and lawyers in processing the claims
Submitting data to over 300 airlines
Integrated with over 100 large companies all over the world
Life at AirHelp
Show me the money
Your compensation is tailored to your experience, attitude and ambition. The sky is the limit!
Develop your personal skills on projects that impact thousands of air passengers.
We’re an ambitious, born global and kickass startup on a mission to create something big!
Get access to the latest tech that will make each day at AirHelp interesting.