Social Media Intern
Marketing in Berlin
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. The company also takes legal and political action to support the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. AirHelp has aided more than 10 million people, is available in 30 countries and has more than 600 employees.
We are looking for an intern to help in the coordination of our global channels as well as supporting the content creation and community management of our English channels. Ideally this candidate will eventually grow in their role and become our Junior Social Media Coordinator.
Everyday tasks include:
- Engaging and monitoring our social media community by responding to comments made on our pages that require community/engagement management
- Collaborating with the global social media team to create monthly content calendars (image and copy) for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Monitoring social media activity related to flight disruptions on a daily basis to find and sourcing relevant content
- Being responsible Social Media outreach for the English market (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) following the defined social media tone of voice and guidelines
- Being responsible for weekly reporting for the English social media channels
- Collaborating with the local social media team as well as other departments within the company
- Providing support to the global social media team in terms of ideation, creation, strategy and stakeholder management
- Building weekly reports from social media data
Required skills and experience:
- at least 6 months of commercial experience in social media marketing and community management
- Experience in organic social media growth and content creation
- Advanced numerical literacy, ease with Excel, and experience creating analytics reports
- Experience working with design, photography and video, and guiding the creation of break-through visual content for social and digital platforms
- Experience & a keen interest of social media data & analytics on both a local and global level
- Experience with link building and UTMs
- Experience with social media ads
- Strong organizational and time management skills, initiative and attention to detail
- Native or C2 level language skills of English
- Creative and critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Storytelling and writing skills
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Highly organized
Nice to have:
- Bachelors in Marketing or Communications or proven work experience and interest in these fields
- Graphic design skills
- First-hand experience with influencer marketing
- Established own strong social media accounts
- Passion for travel
- Work alongside a supportive, international and motivated team of entrepreneurs and creatives.
- The latest design, testing tools and equipment.
- Hands on training, unlimited learning resources, offsite design events, conferences and workshops.
- Y-Combinator and Unicorn company mentorship.
What we offer:
- Brand new, bright and spacious office in Friedrichshein (Boxhagener Strasse 18).
- Free lunches.
- Fresh juices and snacks.
- Language classes.
- Internal training programmes and knowledge sharing events.
✈️ At AirHelp we are travelers helping travelers.
Join us – and let’s shape the future together!
Life at AirHelp
Show me the money
Your compensation is tailored to your experience, attitude and ambition. The sky is the limit!
Develop your personal skills on projects that impact thousands of air passengers.
We’re an ambitious, born global and kickass startup on a mission to create something big!
Get access to the latest tech that will make each day at AirHelp interesting.