Senior Product Designer (Gdansk)
Design in Gdańsk
Airhelp.com helps millions of air passengers worldwide, claim rightful compensation for their disrupted flights. As we grow, we’re making the claims process easier, faster and more convenient by creating additional products to support our customers with.
To help us in our mission, we are seeking a motivated Senior Product Designer to join our travel experience team.
This role requires a strong background in early stage product development, user-centered design and the ability to balance customer frictions with business goals and technical feasibility.
About your role:
- Create unique responsive products and services as well as relevant solutions to engage users with valuable experiences.
- Translate customer insights into user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes for multiple viewports using Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools.
- Incorporate benchmark research and usability testing into the design process to iterate on product solutions.
- Make recommendations to team members about which user research methodologies to leverage during the product lifecycle based on project’s needs, goals and constraints
- Synthesize learnings and articulate design decisions/trade-offs, both verbally and visually.
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and Content Strategists.
- Provide appropriate specs for engineering teams to implement new product features and ideas.
- Champion ongoing improvements by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics and usability findings
Required skills & experience:
- At least 6 years experiencedesigning user experiences and digital products.
- Experience in a startup, or tech company.
- Holistic, human-centered approach to product and service design.
- Experience successfully designing new products for web and mobile, with proven ability to influence decisions.
- Solid portfolio examples showcasing ideation and design development processes with an awareness of business impact.
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch and Invision.
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the design process
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Bachelors Design degree or equivalent.
- Business English proficiency.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, empathy and willingness to work collaboratively within interdisciplinary teams.
- Work alongside a supportive, international and motivated team of entrepreneurs and creatives.
- The latest design, testing tools and equipment.
- Hands-on training, unlimited learning resources, offsite design events, conferences and workshops.
- Y-Combinator and Unicorn company mentorship.
What we offer:
- Modern, spacious office in great location (Business Center Oliwa) and with a beautiful view on the bay (25th floor!)
- Fully stuffed kitchen (sandwiches, salads, sodas, fruit juicer)
- Private Healthcare insurance (Medicover)
- Cafeteria system (multisport, life insurance, cinema tickets etc.)
- Option of flexible working hours
- We work on MacBooks (we’ll provide you with one)
- Language classes (English, German, Spanish, Polish)
- Bonusly system
- Relaxation room
✈️ At AirHelp we are travelers helping travelers.
Join us – and let’s shape the future together!
Life at AirHelp
Show me the money
Your compensation is tailored to your experience, attitude and ambition. The sky is the limit!
Develop your personal skills on projects that impact thousands of air passengers.
We’re an ambitious, born global and kickass startup on a mission to create something big!
Get access to the latest tech that will make each day at AirHelp interesting.