Product Designer - Internship (m/w/d)
Design in Berlin
Airhelp.com helps millions of air passengers worldwide, claim rightful compensation for their disrupted flights. As we grow, we’re making the claims process easier, faster and more convenient by creating additional products to support our customers with.
To help us in our mission, we are seeking a motivated Product Designer to join our travel experience team.
About your role:
- Create unique responsive products and services as well as relevant solutions to engage users with valuable experiences.
- Translate customer insights into user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes for multiple viewports using Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools.
- Incorporate benchmark research and usability testing into the design process to iterate on product solutions.
- Make recommendations to team members about which user research methodologies to leverage during the product lifecycle based on project’s needs, goals and constraints
- Synthesize learnings and articulate design decisions/trade-offs, both verbally and visually.
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and Content Strategists.
- Provide appropriate specs for engineering teams to implement new product features and ideas.
- Champion ongoing improvements by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics and usability findings
Required skills & experience:
- Holistic, human-centered approach to product and service design.
- Experience successfully designing new products for web and mobile, with proven ability to influence decisions.
- Solid portfolio examples showcasing ideation and design development processes with an awareness of business impact.
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch and Invision.
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the design process
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Business English proficiency.
- Please include a link to your portfolio or samples of recent work.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, empathy and willingness to work collaboratively within interdisciplinary teams.
✈️ At AirHelp we are travelers helping travelers.
Join us – and let’s shape the future together!
Life at AirHelp
We hire the best and we compensate fairly.
Develop your personal skills and work on projects that benefit millions of air passengers. Grow your career with your own tailored career path.
We’re the global leader in what we do, and we’ve only been doing it since 2013. Staying ahead of the game is what we do best.
We provide you with your own Mac and a range of awesome tools to enable you to work smart.