German speaking SEO Marketing intern
Marketing in Berlin
Have you ever wondered how it would feel to work for a company where your efforts and skills have a real global impact?
Do you have a passion for travel and love to feel that you are making a real difference in the world?
If yes is the answer, then AirHelp is for you. We are one of the most successful and innovative startups in Europe, a technology company that helps air passengers around the world secure compensation for delayed, canceled, or overbooked flights. We love to travel and we love to educate the passengers about their rights.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a marketing discipline focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. SEO encompasses both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines.
Since 2011, organic traffic from Google search results has consistently been the largest single source of traffic to our website and accounts for 52% of web traffic.
In 2018 it accounts for 55% of all traffic. We have been ahead of the curve when it comes online presence and opportunities to capture traffic online will continue to grow as the home care industry grows and search volume/the potential online audience increases.
We believe there is an opportunity to capture even more traffic by focusing and raise awareness by having some dedicated efforts and expertise on this front. SEO is a moving target and requires a significant time investment as well as expertise in best practices and effective strategies. We need someone who can own these efforts and help take us to the next level while freeing up time for the rest of the team to focus on our unique abilities.
About this role:
The SEO intern will assist with increasing traffic to our websites and improving conversion rates through continual testing and optimization. This entails working closely with the rest of the marketing team to build/edit pages in WordPress, run reports, perform A/B tests, research conversion strategies, run ad/remarketing campaigns, develop our SEO/link-building strategies, and optimize our site for maximum visibility. We can promise that you’ll gain deep and varied experience with many aspects of SEO and internet marketing.
What you’ll learn and do:
- Update landing pages on a regular basis
- Work closely with the SEO team and provide the necessary support
- Keyword planning and topic hunting
- Manage AirHelp landing pages for SEO purposes using WordPress
- Learn all the basic SEO strategies (keyword research, link acquisition, 301 redirects, social media best practices and full on-site optimization).
- Develop a basic understanding of Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and SEMrush
- Improve metadata across main website pages and blog posts for multilingual sites.
- Stay up-to-date with new changes and opportunities in the world of SEO and inbound marketing.
- Stay up-to-date on key search trends, tools and resources. Keep informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to the SEO team.
- Great attention to detail
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Top-notch writing and communication skills
- Native or Fluent German is a must
What’s there for you:
- Flexible working hours
- Min 6-month internship
- Work alongside a supporting, international and motivated team
- Learn from serial entrepreneurs and creative minds
- Take part in our internal training programmes and knowledge sharing events
- A comfortable and stimulating office environment.
- Access to the language classes
- Fresh juices and snacks
- Location: Berlin
- Language: German native, English-business fluent; another European language is a plus
- Level: Internship
We are travellers helping travellers. Join our international team of AirHelpers today and be ready to take your career to the next level. The sky is the limit!
Life at AirHelp
Show me the money
Your compensation is tailored to your experience, attitude and ambition. The sky is the limit!
Develop your personal skills on projects that impact thousands of air passengers.
We’re an ambitious, born global and kickass startup on a mission to create something big!
Get access to the latest tech that will make each day at AirHelp interesting.