Chief Accountant (m/w/d)
Finance and Accounting in Berlin
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. The company also takes legal and political action to support the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. AirHelp has aided more than 7 million people, is available in 30 countries and has almost 700 employees.
The Berlin office is growing strongly and sustainably. The workforce is smart, open-minded and truly international. In this role the Chief Accountant will provide high-quality financial reporting, enabling all stakeholders taking sound decisions.
Chief Accountant reports directly to the CFO.
A typical day for you would involve:
- Supervising all accounting processes within the Group
- Managing, coaching and developing an international team of accountants (Berlin and Gdansk, Poland)
- Supervising the preparation of financial statements, tax, and statistical forms
- Actively taking part in book closing on a monthly basis
- Cooperating with other departments and contacting the authorities
- Implementing new procedures and improving accounting team performance
- Liaising with third parties (tax authorities, vendors, customers)
- Working closely with auditors and tax advisors
- Close cooperation with CFO
You are the right person for the job if you:
- Business fluency in German and English
- Have several years of previous experience in a similar role (including managing people)
- Have solid knowledge of German Accounting Standards and tax regulations
- Possess experience with IFRS
- Are comfortable in using accounting systems and MS Office
- Are analytical, detail orientated and accurate
- Are able to manage several tasks at the same time
- Have a team player mindset and demonstrate behaviors consistent with the company’s vision
As the organization grows it is expected that you would step up and build a team. In doing so you would be supported by the CFO to whom you would report.
Life at AirHelp
We hire the best and we compensate fairly.
Develop your personal skills and work on projects that benefit millions of air passengers. Grow your career with your own tailored career path.
We’re the global leader in what we do, and we’ve only been doing it since 2013. Staying ahead of the game is what we do best.
We provide you with your own Mac and a range of awesome tools to enable you to work smart.