AirHelp Score: The Definitive Ranking of Airlines on Quality, Punctuality and Responsiveness
Have you ever wondered whether you are getting the best deal when you choose to book with your favorite airline? Oftentimes, ticket price is the number one reason for making a purchase, but far more goes into your overall experience.
You expect a certain level of customer service in other areas of your life, so why not when it comes to airline travel? Airlines should provide a superior level of service both in the air and on the ground. Airlines should also consistently punctual – your time is money after all.
Check out the AirHelp Score to see the full list of airlines and how they rank.
AirHelp Score: How does the airline ranking work?
It’s not complicated.The AirHelp Score is the definitive ranking of airlines proven to best serve their customers. It’s calculated using a range of statistics on quality and service, punctuality, and responsiveness from the past three years and is the best way for you to choose an airline that fits your needs. An airline’s performance is rated on these factors on a scale from zero to 10.
- A great score is > than 8
- A good score is 7 to 7.9
- A fair score is 6 to 6.9
- A poor score is 5 – 5.9
- A very poor score is < than 5
How the AirHelp Score benefits you
The AirHelp Score is designed to show you the top-performing airlines to ensure you’re making a better-informed decision and make your life easier in the long run. Your air travel experience will likely be improved in the future because you’ll be able to hold these airlines to the service-level standard that you deserve.
Take a look at the AirHelp Score to see how your preferred airline ranks.
Ideally, you’d like to avoid an overbooked, delayed, or canceled flight. If you do find yourself on a disrupted trip, it’s easy to find out if you’re eligible for a claim. While it’s nice to know that you have the option of getting compensation under these circumstances, it’s best if the airline delivers quality, timely service so you don’t have to go through the rigmarole in the first place. The AirHelp Score provides you with the list of airlines that are better than other options at avoiding these circumstances.
The methodology behind the AirHelp Score
AirHelp data scientists source and aggregate relevant data sets from airlines, airports and government entities to determine an airline’s punctuality standards. We use our own proprietary data, coupled with third-party research firms, to identify quality and service standards. Lastly, our internal claims department rates an airline’s responsiveness on its proficiency based on the time it takes to turnaround and payout a claim.
- Quality performance: Together with the experts at Skytraxresearch.com, the AirHelp Score ranks the airline on quality and service both on the ground and in the air.
- Punctuality: All else goes out the window if an airline can’t keep to its schedule. AirHelp data scientists scoured for data to determine the average percentage of on-time arrivals by airline (on-time performance is considered landing within 15 minutes of the scheduled arrival time).
- Claim responsiveness: Not all airlines are as quick to acknowledge claims as others. Some ignore our requests outright and others delay communications. There are many airlines, however, that are agreeable to work with in meeting passengers’ claims needs. The results of this ranking are sourced directly from our own data and serve as a measurement of the amount of time it took AirHelp customers to get their hard-earned cash in-hand.
The definition of a good trip is when you reach your destination safely and easily, which is why we’ve weighted punctuality heavily. Those airlines that consistently have flights that have been canceled, delayed, or overbooked, could increase your eligibility for cash back. Some airlines succeed in taking care of their customers – some don’t. The more you know about your rights as a passenger, the less money you have to lose thanks to the AirHelp Score.