Frequently Asked Questions
No results for
How do I know if I’m entitled to compensation?Check Compensation
Articles in this category
Fees and Payout Methods
How and when will I receive my compensation?We pride ourselves on our safe and quick methods of payment to our customers. Once we receive your rightful compensation and verify the payment, you will be asked to input your details on our website. You may use one of the following methods below, depending on where your bank is located and whether or not you are an online travel agency (OTA) customer:
Please note that compensation can only be paid out to your own account via the methods listed above.
European Union, Azores, Canary Islands, Luxembourg, French Guiana, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Iceland, Isle of Man, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Madeira, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Norway, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, San Marino, Switzerland United States Rest of the World Direct customers, OTA: Tripcase, Kayak; other Free BT (EUR, GBP, PLN, DKK, NOK, SEK, CZK, HUF) Cheque – Free (USD) Free bank transfer (USD) Free bank transfer (EUR – Direct customers, USD – Tripcase, Kayak) OTA: Expedia PayPal – Free (USD) Cheque – Free (USD) Free bank transfer (EUR, GBP, PLN, DKK, NOK, SEK, CZK, HUF) PayPal – Free (USD) Cheque – Free (USD) Free bank transfer (USD) PayPal – Free (USD) Cheque – Free (USD) Free bank transfer (USD)
How much do I have to pay you?AirHelp is dedicated to helping air passengers in any way we can and if we can’t – the service is on us! If we succeed at getting you your compensation, all of our fees are explained in the Price List. Essentially, the basic cost is 25% of the compensation received for our regular customers and 35% for Online Travel Agency (OTA) customers. If we proceed with legal action, we will add our Legal Fee and round the amount off at 50%. This rate is fixed: we will never charge more than that, no matter what the amount. Fees include everything – our communication with the airline, any and all assistance we provide across multiple channels, preparation for legal action, and then taking further legal action, if necessary. So, feel free to sit back and we’ll take care of the rest. For cases other than EC 261, we invite you to take a look at the top of our Price List.
What are IBAN and SWIFT numbers and where can I find them?An IBAN is your unique bank account number and is used for international bank transfers. It consists of the country code, two check digits and your bank account number. A SWIFT or BIC code is used to identify the financial institution, its location and the particular office. You might not have seen these numbers before, but you do have them and both numbers can be found on a bank statement.
Why do I need to call PayPal?You should call PayPal in order to confirm that your limits are removed and inform them that you expect xxx amount of money sent to your account (KYC protection). If you don’t do this, it can sometimes take longer to get your money.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Go to “Contact”.
- Select “Call us”.
- Call the given number.
- You will be asked for a unique number which helps PayPal identify you.
How do I change the ‘receiving limit’ on Paypal?
- After logging in to PayPal, click "See how much you can send with PayPal” in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Select “Receiving limit per year” and click the “Lift Limits” button:
- Click on “Provide identification” and upload two required documents.
- Upload required documents:
How do I unblock foreign currencies and create a EUR account on PayPal?
- After logging in to PayPal, click the "Wallet" tab on the main page:
- Then click “Paypal balance”:
- Select “Manage currencies”:
- The next step is to add a new currency (EUR).
- This will open a EUR balance for your account.
What is PayPal?PayPal is an international platform for payments and money transfers. Here are the four steps you will need to complete while using PayPal:
- Verify your account
- Unblock foreign currencies / create EUR account
- Remove “Receiving limit”
- Call PayPal
How do I get verified on PayPal?
- After logging in to PayPal, click the "Wallet" tab on main page.
- To verify your account, link either your bank account or credit card by clicking the buttons as shown below:
- After selecting the bank account, PayPal will ask you to enter your bank details to link your bank account and your PayPal account. After entering your details, you’ll get the following prompt:
Does it cost anything to see my map?Nope! It’s free.
How much does it cost to get my compensation?AirHelp fees related to transfers can all be found on our Price List.